OK, so I moved to the next century of browsing – at least that’s what I believed to be my next stop.
To get there, I decided to advance to IE8 – nevertheless of what’s going to happen to my computer … So installing is no pain so far.
Then comes the reboot and the first start of IE8 – and I’m greeted with a nice and warm:
Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module urlmon.dll, version 8.0.6001.18702, fault address 0x0003e819.
When this doesn’t make you feel welcome, warm and cosi – I don’t know what!
OK – so what’s next? Trying to start the browser without any addons … this seems to work. But hey, who wanna browse the web naked? There’s no survival without addons!
So trying to deactive them addons one-by-one – a little tedious – but … no success going that road.
After a short phase of nervous breakdown – there was another idea. So i fiddled with the IE settings, and after deactivating the startpage (which pointed to my local intranet) at least IE would start-up without any further complaint. But accessing any internal page would just bring back those screes of
So I figured, that I hat one site in two security zones. After removing all sites from the zones that problem was kinda solved – except that I couldn’t be authenticated by my intranet anymore. And for some strange reason I could not remove one final entry from the
This was then more or lees known territory – just open up
regedit and move to
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains and adjust the resisting site.
Welcome happy IE 8 surfing 🙂